If you`re planning on keeping a horse on someone else`s property, it`s important to have a lease agreement in place. This not only protects the property owner, but also outlines the terms of the arrangement for both parties involved. In this article, we`ll provide a sample lease agreement for a horse to help you get started.
– Property Owner: [Enter name and address]
– Lessee: [Enter name and address]
Description of horse:
– Start date:
– End date:
Terms of lease:
– The Lessee will lease the horse from the Property Owner for the specified term.
– The Lessee will pay a monthly lease fee of [enter amount] to the Property Owner.
– The Lessee will provide all necessary care and upkeep for the horse, including feeding, watering, grooming, and veterinarian care as needed.
– The Property Owner will provide safe and appropriate facilities for the horse, including a stall or pasture, fencing, and access to water.
– The Lessee will not sublease the horse to anyone else without the Property Owner`s prior written consent.
– The Lessee will not use the horse for commercial purposes, including breeding, without the Property Owner`s prior written consent.
– The Lessee will not use the horse for activities that are outside of the horse`s training and experience level, or that could cause harm to the horse.
– The Lessee will not use the horse for any illegal activities.
– The Lessee will be responsible for any damage caused to the property as a result of the horse being on the premises.
– The Lessee will be responsible for any injuries or damages caused by the horse to any person or property.
– This lease may be terminated by either party with [enter number of days] written notice to the other party.
– If the Lessee breaches any of the terms of this lease, the Property Owner may terminate the lease immediately.
– This lease shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of [enter state or country], and any disputes arising under this lease shall be resolved in accordance with such laws.
– This lease contains the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior agreements or understandings, whether written or oral.
– This lease may be executed in counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall constitute one agreement.